Voting

Sunday, June 15, 2008

What to do with myself?

Do you ever imagine all the things you would do with your time if you didn't have any kids around? Perhaps fantasizing about how much you would be able to get done, or how many books you would be able to read? If you are anything like me, you have imagined these very things (usually after a long day of hearing the word "MOM"! for the five billionth time). Reality check. Life with no family sucks. Joseph and the kids left on Friday. They have officially moved out. I am supposed to follow behind soon (as soon as our house sells). Most of our home is packed away and in a different state (Utah) now. And so are my husband and children. And so are the million little things my kids do that seem mildly annoying on a daily basis, but that I now find myself missing terribly. I like to fancy myself a strong, in control person who is able to handle almost anything life throws at her. I have been kidding myself. Just walking through the kids' clothing at Target brought me to tears yesterday. And they've only been gone 2 days. I can't imagine how I would handle a more permanent separation. I just feel very adrift without people to take care of and without a husband to hug me 500 times a day and tell me he loves me. He still tells me over the phone, but it isn't the same, And now all the time that I used to spend taking care of my kids, I now spend worrying about them. Ok, enough of my pity party. Just know that single life isn't all it's cracked up to be!

3 comments:

Erika and Kevin said...

We are so excited to have you guys here! Ethan LOVES your kids! He had so much fun with Kellyn today He loves her to death! I need to go over to help him unpack this week after work. I felt so bad he has to play mom and dad for a while, it looked way overwhelming to me... but I am glad he has family close that can help him! Good luck on your house selling. We will be praying for you. I will try to help as much as I can. Call me if you guys need anything at all!!

angie said...

Oh Kendra, I'm sorry that you're lonely! It's amazing how much you miss them when they're away, thinking that you will enjoy peace and quiet! That only happens if it's for a couple of hours!! I hope your home sells quickly, so you can rejoin your family soon! Love ya, angie

Jessika and Josh said...

Yeah, stop crying like a little girl, and get down her whore! lol..

Just Kidding! I'm sorry you miss them! I will give them lots of hugs and kisses for you!