Voting

Saturday, June 7, 2008

All you need is love, love is all you need?



I have come the the conclusion that the Beatles had no idea what they were talking about. Love is not all you need. Sometimes you need therapy - and possibly medication. Case in point: Ewan, my darling 13 month old son (whom I really do love) is making me crazy. Love him, love him, love him, but want to tie him up and throw him in a closet. He is going through a fun phase called "getting into everything" which is a cousin of the other phase he is going through - "won't hold still to get my diaper changed". Oh, and lest I forget, there is "I want to eat all the time and will be very particular about my food". His favorite activity is getting into the cat litter box, taking handfuls of it, and putting it in that cat's water, which makes a lovely kitty litter paste. Ewan is a big baby (about 25 lbs), so the thrashing and rolling he does while getting his diaper changed means that I have had to develop miraculous strength and reflexes to not get poop everywhere, multiple times a day. As for the eating thing, well, I guess I could go on all day. But, I do love him - so much it brings tears to my eyes. Hopefully he grows out of this soon, or I develop more patience. But who knows, maybe it will be worth it. Trevin was demonic from the age of 10 months to 4 years and now he is the most angelic, sweet, smart, sensitive, dare I say, delightful child in the world. Maybe Ewan will be the same. I can hope.

3 comments:

Plienie! said...

you're son looks so sweet on the picture!
I think he will be a nice child soon.

angie said...

Hey it's me again!! Have you tried sitting down with your legs on their shoulders? I know it sounds crazy, but it's worked for me!! ha ha!! Sometimes that's the only way they will hold still! You gotta love the "bottomless pits" a.k.a. kids!! It seems I feed my brood from dawn til bedtime! I'm sure it's the same with you!! You seem like a great mom Kendra and I enjoy reading about you and your family!! Love ya!!

Jessika and Josh said...

Lol..that makes me laugh! Trevin wasn't all bad! Remember when I lived with you and you would try to go take a nap and he would do nothing but scream bloody murder until you came back? Yeah, that was hilarious! I know you were in your room laughing about it! lol..