Voting

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dads




On this day of honoring dads, I wanted to pay tribute to the important men in my life:


My Dad: My dad taught me the value of hard work. He always worked hard and he would never give me an easy answer. When I asked a question, he would always try to lead me to the answer, instead of just giving it to me. I miss him a lot - he lives in West Virginia and I haven't seen him in over 3 years, but I look forward to seeing him again and being able to watch him get to know his grandkids! I love you dad!

My Father-in-law: What can you say about a guy who has raised 14 kids! Loyal would do anything to help his kids. And he has helped us more times than I can count (like driving 6 hours to Montana to help us pack up our house last weekend, only to turn around and drive right back the next day with a van full of my kids). He has a great sense of humor, and I know where Joseph gets a lot of his laid-back qualities from. The grandkids love him -even when he can't remember all their names! We love you, Loyal!

My husband: I know I posted a while ago about how much I love my husband. And I could probably write about it every day. I wish I were more eloquent and had a more expansive vocabulary so that I could adequately express just how much I love and adore this man. But since I don't have that firm a command of the English language, I will most sound pathetic and sappy, but here goes anyway. Just being around Joseph calms me, and makes me feel more centered. I can honestly say, without hesitation, that I would not be the person I am today without Joseph. He is kind, compassionate, funny, smart (very smart), easygoing, non-judgemental, forgiving, and just all-around wonderful. I marvel everyday that I was blessed to meet and then get to marry him. As a father, he is amazing. His best parenting qualities are his patience and lack of temper. The kids all adore him (especially the girls). Joseph has the ability to read people and tell, almost immediately, what kind of a person they are. This is truly an amazing gift. He knows sooooo much about church doctrine and theology and is fascinated by it. He set a fantastic example for our kids with his enthusiasm to learn about all things spiritual. He is good at EVERYTHING. This will probably end up giving me a complex. But he is really good at so many things. Art, sports, woodworking, studying doctrine, making people feel at ease, and he can learn anything-fast. I love him - love him! As a husband, a father, a person. As everything!

Happy Father's Day!




2 comments:

angie said...

Kendra, that was really neat what you wrote about the men in your life!! Thank goodness for loving supportive husbands!! I agree, I don't know how I would cope with everything daily without my good man! I think your vocab is actually quite good! Ha, ha!

Jessika and Josh said...

Maybe its because I am a baby, but reading this brings tears to my eyes. Maybe its because I love my dad so much, and my amazing brother! (I would probably love your dad too, but I have never met him..lol) And maybe it is because it makes me think, you just need to get your butt down here and be with your husband and kids!

But i think it is mostly the baby one! lol.