Voting

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hard to believe, I know

I have done it. I created a blogspot. I have had another family website up for quite some time, but it is hard to navigate, and even harder for people to find. So I decided, for the sake of networking, I would hop on board with the google blogs. This was not, however, without challenges. Time being one of those. How was I to find the time to transfer all pertinent and entertaining information from one blog to another. "You can do it", I said in the the little pep talk I gave myself. Another challenge? How would I overcome the fact that when it comes to computers, I am semi-retarded? There is a learning curve for everything. Just think, 10 years ago, I couldn't play basketball to save my life. And then I married Joseph - a basketball fanatic. And here I am ten years later. I still suck at basketball, but I know the rules so much better now! And then there was the issue of coming up with a name for the blog. I know this is not important to some, but it matters to me - a lot. It had to be something semi-cute, but not gag inducing. Something that alluded to my love of family, but didn't scream, in obnoxious capital letters "Look how much I love my family". Not that there is any shame in loving your family. But I am all about subtlety. Ok, that's just not true. To explain the name of the blog, however - in case you were wondering, Chinese folklore says that when a child is born, invisible red threads extend from the child's spirit and connect to all of the significant people who will be part of the child's life. As the child grows, the threads shorten, drawing closer those people who are destined to be together. Since our family has grown in somewhat unconventional ways, I like this idea. No matter how we came to be a family, we are all connected and we will find each other and end up where the Lord wants us to be.

So, enjoy my blogging efforts. I shall try to overcome my blogging challenges and sacrifice all that is necessary to make this blog the most amazing blog in all of history.

No comments: