Voting

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Right Stuff

I feel I can now die a happy woman, having fulfilled all my 4th grade fantasies. On Saturday night, after only 20 years of waiting and pining away, I got to go to a New Kids on The Block concert. Yes, I am not ashamed to admit that I sang along with every song, and still remembered all the words! And even though I am no longer 9 years old, I can say with all honesty that it was the funnest freaking concert I have ever been to. I went with 3 sisters-in-law and 1 brother-in-law, who filled in at the last minute when we found ourselves with an extra ticket. And yes, he did have a good time. And no, he is not gay. Natasha Bedingfield was the opener - also good. But come on, nothing compares to the New Kids. Here are some pictures of the most fun I have had in really long time. I am still riding my New Kids on the Block high. I would go again in a heartbeat and have considered abandoning my life to become a boy-band (no wait, they're a MAN-band) groupie.

Behold,the New Kids in all their middle-aged glory.I'd still make out with them.

Me smooching Nikki. Yes, I was that excited. Zak-wearing his New Kids memorabilia as only he can. We actually bought these for Jeremy to wear while he works out, but Zak broke them in for him!
Oh yeah, the right stuff indeed.

5 comments:

stina said...

it was I have to say.. a glorious night... I remember back in 89 how exited I was.. well that all came rushing back into my 32 year old body all at once.. it was the best... but how would it have been to witness the 17th row!!!

Erika and Kevin said...

I am sad I couldn't fill in last moment, but I am glad Zak got to experience it! Those shorts are freaking sexy!! LOL, I am sure Jeremy will have a blast with those! You guys crack me up!

Vyedka said...

Hahaha looks like you ALL had a great time!!

angie said...

Kendra, that is FREAKING funny!! I admit that I was IN LOVE with NKOTB!! I think I also could still sing along with all of their songs! I remember listening to them when I was hanging out at Brook and Lindsay's house in their bedroom, just drooling over them! We were SO lame!! Was that a one time thing or did they get back together? That shows you how with the times I am!! Glad you had fun! You deserve it! LOL!

Jessika and Josh said...

It was amazing! And I love the picture of you kissing me the best! Because you know I love that!!