Voting

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life at the Baker house

We are now three weeks into the start of the new school year. I really enjoy the question "aren't you glad to have the kids back in school?" People who ask this don't have kids, or maybe they're just not smart. Having the kids in school makes my day much busier. Picking up, dropping off, volunteering, homework, keeping track of permission slips and other forms, washing and ironing uniforms - oh yeah, I am way more relaxed these days. Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad. I love seeing how excited the kids are when they learn something new, and they are participating in the school choir, which is a lot of fun. Our rides to and from school have become music appreciation time. I loaded my ipod with a bunch of songs for a special "kids playlist" and we listen and discuss the songs. I am also loving my one on one time with Kellyn. She is such a fun kid - who talks nonstop. Joseph is still working a lot, and driving to and from work a lot. I will be going back to work here pretty soon. House still hasn't sold. But life is good. We are all healthy, relatively happy and we have a roof over our heads. I will have some new posts on here soon with our newest addition to the family. It's not what you think!

5 comments:

jsmbbaker said...

Did you invest in one of those crazy flying squirrels? I knew it, and I told Jaran it was going to happen. Crazy woman!

Signing off- Sandy V.

Jessika and Josh said...

..I'm so confused! How could this happen? We were so careful!!

angie said...

Okay you have my curiosity piqued! What do you mean newest addition? I acually LOVE having my kids in school! I'm not quite as busy as you are, one because my kids are still 9 and under, and two because they ride the bus!! We live about 10 minutes from the school out in the country and there was no way I was running them to and from school every day! Ican't even think about how much gas that would take for "our" bus!! I love having just our 2 younger here, it gives me some great one on one time, and I can actually get some things done on my home! Glad your kids are enjoying school! LOL!

Erika and Kevin said...

Yay!! More additions to the family!!! ;)

Vyedka said...

It sounds like your life is really relaxing these days!! I can't believe you are pregnant too! I am wayyyyy out of the loop!!