Voting

Monday, September 15, 2008

From the mouths of babes...

I have been meaning to write a post recording some of the funnier things my kids have said. These are not things I want to forget, and maybe you will smile at them too.
#1: Christmas Eve - Kaydin is 4 years old. We tell Kaydin "You need to go to sleep, Santa won't come unless you are asleep." Shortly thereafter, I go stand outside Kaydin's bedroom window and ring some jingle bells. I return to the house and say "Kaydin, did you hear those jingle bells? That might be Santa - you'd better get to sleep!" Kaydin's response? "Or it could have been someone outside my window ringing some bellls". The kid was 4!
#2: Afters spending a long, summer day outside at the annual Foyer de Sion orphanage reunion (this is a reunion for all the kids who have been adopted from the same orphanage our kids were)- Kelly has a sunburn and says "mom, I was in the sun too long, I think I might be turning black!" And Maryn, who is Haitian, says - completely serious, I might add "I think I am too!"
#3: An exchange between Rylynn and Joseph, who were shopping together:
Rylynn: Dad, I need to try on some clothes. You don't have to buy them, I just want to try them on.
Joseph: Rylynn, we don't have time for that!
Rylynn: Dad, I think you need to show me a little more respect, and show me that you love me!
Rylynn is 6.
#4: Another gem from Kaydin, who came home from his first week of first grade with a frowny face on his behavior report. "Kaydin, why do you have a frowny face"
"I wasn't following the rule" says Kaydin. "But it's a stupid rule"
My mom response is "Kaydin, rules have to be followed whether you think they're stupid or not. What rule did you break?"
"I was running out to recess and you can't run on your way out to recess. That's just dumb, I am way more likely to get hurt AT recess than running out to recess."
How is that for 6 year-old analytical thinking?

2 comments:

Jessika and Josh said...

lol. yes those are hilarious! The things kids say! I think my favorite is Maryns!! haha! Gets me everytime.

Vyedka said...

lol what a great post! I like Kellyns they are hilarious! I need to do a post like this sometime.