Voting

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Nikki!!!!!!

Yesterday was my sister-in-law's birthday. She is 21 now, so if we were drinkers, we could have gotten drunk last night! But since neither of us has ever tasted so much as a drop of alcohol, it probably wouldn't have been a pretty sight. Nikki is more like a sister than an in law. I love this girl - one of the best benefits of marrying Joseph was getting Nikki for a sister. My kids lover her too. Today I was teasing Kellyn and I asked her if I was her favorite or if Joseph was her favorite, and she goes "wellllll.....actually Nikki is my favorite"!!!! I love you Nikki! We are taking our trip to Vegas soon! Happy Birthday!!! This is for you:

3 comments:

Erika and Kevin said...

We all love you Nikki and hope you had an awesome day! You know I have never taste a lik of alcohol eith but when I was in labor with Ethan, I am not one who likes pain very much so pain medication is a MUST for me and you all who have children natural are just CRAZY, anyway as soon as my contraction kept getting worse and closer I ask for something, anything, and they gave me something I don't remember what it was called but the nurse said as she was injecting it into me, "This may make you feel a little drunk" and a few minutes later Kevin recalls me saying, "Wow I can see why people get drunk" I didn't have a care in the world :) I just thought I would share that story, I guess it is the closest thing to me being drunk... Not saying that it is good or anything...

The Baker Family - a red thread said...

Just an FYI, my two unmedicate home births were hands down the easiest of the four. But I have had the thought occasionally, "wow, if I were a drinker, I would get sooooo drunk right now". But since I hate the way alcohol smells, I can't imagine actually drinking it. Do you guys have fun plans for your birthday?

Jessika and Josh said...

Thank you Kendra for this post! I love you! You are amazing! And I think I'll go get some alchol over the weekend, since I can now! Yipee!! haha.