Voting

Monday, August 25, 2008

Back to School-can you believe it?

Last Thursday, the kids went back to school. I had gone to register them could not believe how quickly the beginning of the school year had come up! I am so excited about the school they are going to-there are so many awesome art and music activities and programs and it is a small school, so the teacher to student ratio is really good! Syracuse Arts Academy is a charter school - it is touted as a private school education without the cost of tuition. We were really lucky to have had the kids' names drawn in the lottery to attend. I think it will be a good year - and they are building a SAA jr. high which will be open next year, so if we are still here during the junior high years (also known as the armpit of life), they can stay with SAA!


Maryn and Rylynn before the start of the first day of school

Tristan on the monkey bars

Kaydin and Trevin, before the first bell rang on the first day of school

The first day of school-in their uniforms!

The night before school started, with our fun "back to school" cake, and Kaydin is striking his smarmiest, used-car salesman pose!

5 comments:

Erika and Kevin said...

Yay you updated your blog! I love it when people update their blogs! That is awesome that the kids are able to go to that school, and it isn't too far away from home. I love the uniform idea too, it would make life alot easier and they are not that bad looking at all! They look really cute! I like Kaydin's haircut too (sorry if I spelled his name wrong) Back to school is so much fun! I wish I was able to go back :(

jsmbbaker said...

It's about time you updated your blog! Kies started school too, and it's crazy having some two on one time with the other little monsters- I love it! We will probably be down this weekend, so we should do something SUPER fun!

angie said...

HOLY COW you have been busy!! I'm so glad that your family is all together again, and that things are back to (crazy) normal!! LOL! It looks like your summer has been an absolut blast! I haven't been to Lagoon in years! We kind of have a similar place up here in Washington called Silverwood! Ever heard of it? It's fun too! The pictures of your family are awesome! Wow, that sand box in your yard looks absolutely huge, my kids would LOVE it! My kids start school tomorrow (Wednesday)! I'll only have 2 at home with me this year! I'm READY for them to go back to school! We need routine and schedules back in our lives once more! Good catching up LOL, Ang

Bradshaw Adventures said...

Hey Kendra,
Thanks for the comment on our blog. Sorry that I stoped emailing. I changed jobs and don't have any email addresses. I just use my wifes now and it is posted on our blog page. It is good to hear from you and thanks again.

Jared

Jessika and Josh said...

Man, everytime I see this picture of Kaydin, I die of laughter. I think I just peed a little! I love it!