Voting

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why Hello there!

I have been absent from the blogging world for a while. Well, I am still lurking around, reading everyone else's blogs, but not bothering to update my own. Here is what is going on in our world:
Joseph: Working - a lot. Loving football season. Didn't love the BYU last week. His hair is getting long. I love my husband.
Me: I started a job about a month ago working at.....Walmart! I know what you are thinking, and yes, it is that glamorous. I work 4 nights a week from 9pm to 6am. That way I can still be home to put kids to bed, take kids to school, have FHE and do all the mom stuff, while still contributing to the gross national product.
Fabiola: Still working at Subway. Will be enrolling in Job Corps soon and will be able to get her GED and driver's license. She is pretty excited about it, but also a little nervous.
Maryn: Fabiola braided some super long extensions into her hair, and she is looking fabulous! Still as social as ever, she is making slow but steady improvement in school and has been so helpful to me lately. She is such a good girl.
Kaydin: He needs new glasses. I had parent/teacher conferences yesterday and his teacher is very impressed with him. She said he is one of the most intelligent, if not the most intelligent kid in the class. He frequently tutors other kids during recess. Has decided he wants to be a vetrinarian.
Tristan: Is also making progress in school. He is working independantly and is really trying. He is starting to recognize some words and knows all his letter sounds now. For those of you who don't know Tristan, you don't realize what a big deal that is, but it is HUGE! Good job, buddy!
Trevin: An academic wizard. At his PTC yesterday, I was informed that his is testing at 10th grade levels in his reading and vocabulary. He is in 3rd grade! He also feels the need to tell me multiple times a day that I am the best mom in the world. It isn't true, but it is still nice to hear!
Rylynn: She has already gotten to end of year levels for first grade! Her teacher is in love with her and just went on and on about her. I was even blushing! But I can't argue - she is a neat kid! One day soon she will have TWO front teeth - she has been missing one since she was 18 months old.
Kellyn: I love having some one on one time with her. She is so fun and she makes everybody laugh. She tries to mother Ewan all day long while the kids are gone, and she is so funny with him. Fabiola likes to take her to work and out with her friends and show her off! So funny!
Ewan: Still only answers to "Goob". He is running all over the place and is developing more of a vocabulary. He likes to climb on the table and get into the dog food. he can say "mommy" "daddy" "what" and a whole bunch of other stuff that I can't understand. His Aunt Amanda gave him his first haircut, so he no longer has a baby mullet.
So that is the short version of what is going on in this part of the world. We aren't sure we're ready for cold weather, but the kids are jacked about Halloween. We are going to Lagoon for Frightmares during the day and will come home in time to Trick-or-Treat that night. Woohoo! I have put a bunch of new posts down below -with pictures! so scroll down for a look!

2 comments:

D, J, Dre and W.D. said...

Hey F.R.-
We loved the update! So good to hear all of the neat things that are happening and the progress. (Super proud of Tristan!!)

angie said...

Hey Kendra! I know what you mean about reading everyone else's blogs, but neglecting my own!! For some reason right now, I am in a funk with blogging!! It's not that things aren't happening (if only), I just take too long to post about it, and then I say "oh well what's the use it's too late after the fact anyway!" Pretty lazy with it, but I'm trying to do better! Your family is so awesome! It sounds like parent teacher conferences are as major of a deal in your household as they are in ours! Our teachers are great though and schedule our kids back to back on the same day, so we don't have to keep going back to the school! Hope you have a great Halloween! Ours isn't going to be anymore than going to a church Halloween party and costumes at school! LOL!!