Voting

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why I love Kaydin

Kaydin has a blanket. He may be upset with me for posting this, but it is pertinent to the story, so I must. His blanket is actually MY baby blanket, passed down to him, and it is pink. Today as I was doing some laundry and I discovered some items of clothing that had been inadvertently bleached, Kaydin asked why I bothered with bleach at all. I told him that bleach kills germs and bacteria, but it will also, in some cases, remove dye. But some things will hold dye, even with bleach - like your pink blanket, I said.

"but my blanket is really faded" says Kaydin
"Yes" says me "but I think that has less to do with me using bleach on it and more to do with the fact that is is almost 30 years old"
"30 years old"! exclaims my son.
"Yeah, well how old am I"? I ask him

Without missing a beat, or even pausing to think, my darling oldest son says "22". I love this kid.

No comments: