Voting

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Squishies


I have been a little sick and have been taking some cold medicing and massive doses of antibiotics. As I was napping today, Trevin came into my room and asked if it was ok if he did some "squishies". I believe I must have mumbled something like "do whatever you want just let me sleep", and then willed myself to lapse into a coma.
Hours later, I was up and feeling moderately better, going about my mom business of feeding kids and having them shower. I sent Maryn up to shower and she came back down with red stuff all over her pants. I asked (slightly alarmed) if she was bleeding, and she said she didn't know. She sat down on the toilet and something squirted her. Trevin was in the kitchen, and I noticed he was having a really hard time keeping a straight face. Turns out, a "squishy" is when you put ketchup packets under the seat of the toilet, so that when someone sits down, they explode on the unsuspecting victim. I had apparently ok'd this in my drug-induced stupor. I tried mightily to be a stern disciplinarian. Believe me, I really did. But I just couldn't do it, and I died lauging. Kaydin was laughing, Trevin was laughing, I was laughing, even Maryn was laughing. I did have Trevin clean up the bathroom and take the ketchup packets off Fabiola's toilet before she sat on it. What a bunch of pranksters I am raising.

1 comment:

stina said...

Ok Kendra that is the funniest thing I have heard.... I am so proud of the kids you are raising :}