Voting

Monday, July 7, 2008

The most exciting news in weeks!

Ok this is probably not the MOST exciting news for anyone but me, but anyway.......Ewan finally started walking today!!!! Hooray! At 14 months exactly, he is by far my latest walker. The sweet part was that my sister was here to see it. For those who may not know, Ewan is adopted and my sister is his biological mother. I know to some it sounds like an akward situation, but we have made it work with a minimum of drama. And, no, since I know you are wondering, there is no confusion about who is Ewan's mom and who is his aunt. And his Aunt Amielle was very happy to have been here to see him take his first steps. I was just happy that he took his first steps - I thought he might go to kindergarten still crawling around on the floor! Yeah Ewan!!!!

3 comments:

angie said...

Wow, 14 months! That's not so bad! My kids are at least that before they start walking totally independant!! That's neat that your sister would have a baby for you! I told my oldest sister (who is not married yet, and approaching 36) that I would do the same for her when she gets married! That's a special bond you have!! So how many children of yours are adopted, if that's not too personal to ask? I hope all is well with your family!! Love ya, angie

Hutchinson said...

What a cute baby! Tell Amielle hi for me sometime. I saw her one time after I was married in Ogden. She was beautiful and so grown up. I'm glad your fourth was great!

Jessika and Josh said...

Yay! He is walking! That is so exciting!