Voting

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Family, Fun and the Fourth!

I know how disappointed I am when I check other blogs and they haven't posted anything, and I now realize that I have not posted in quite a while. Not that there are legions of people salivating for my next entry, but I still need to keep this thing up to date, or it defeats the whole purpose of having it. My family arrived on Thursday! I was just giddy with happiness at seeing them! I swear those kids have grown in 3 weeks, and Ewan remembers who I am. All is right with the world, except for the fact that there is nothing for the kids to do here. All of our stuff is now down in Utah and I have been living very spartanly here on my own. So, we have had to get creative with entertaining them. We bought some cheap puzzles and a yahtzee game. Kaydin has just had his nose in a book the whole visit - if only I could get them all to read like that. For the 4th, we had an all american lunch of hot dogs, chips and watermelon. Then it was off to the splash park. The kids love this. Except for Kellyn and Ewan. They are not very excited about getting wet. We then went and staked out our traditional fireworks-watching spot and played football and mad libs while we waited for the pyrotechnics to begin. This has become a fun tradition and I will miss it when we are not here for the 4th anymore. But, we can always make new traditions! Rylynn and Maryn have lost a tooth each since they have been here, and I was glad to be able to play tooth fairy for them. We will be having Kaydin's birthday party tomorrow so there will be more posts and pictures to come. Here are some of our time together so far this weekend.





Joseph playing football with the kids














The kids loved the splash park


Rylynn with the water cannon at the splash park








3 comments:

angie said...

Wow, what a fun 4th you guys had!! We were actually camping and opted to not do fireworks this year!! I think they enjoyed camping better! So how is your house coming along? When do you get to move to Utah? I know exactly what you mean about checking everyone else's blogs! I must admit, I do it several times a day, making sure there's nothing new!! There's days that I feel like posting 2 or 3 times a day, but I don't because I'm afraid those who read will get bored with what I have to say! But I guess I'm mainly doing this for me, so I probably shouldn't care! But I do! Does that make ANY sense at all? Love ya, angie

Erika and Kevin said...

Ohh How fun! I know I have been away from the blogging world for so long, I need to get my butt in gear! It looks like ou guys had a fun fourth!

Jessika and Josh said...

Yes, I also haven't updated mine for quite some time..but don't you fret..I will by the end of this week!