Voting

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Just curious

I don't understand the need for using psuedonyms or initials in the blogging world. This is not a criticism, just an observation. I know lots (and lots) of people who, in their blogs, will not identify themselves, their husbands or their children by name. They just use initials or fake names. I know this is sometimes a necessity-like when protecting the identity of someone who did something really dumb or protecting the identity of a victim. That's cool, I get that. I tried this once. It was a post about being frustrated with Maryn's grades. And then I thought "This is stupid. Anyone who knows my family knows who I am talking about." Also, why do people make all their facebook pictures private-even to their friends? I probably wouldn't be bothered by it if I wasn't slightly voyeuristic. I like having an inside peek at others' lives. It gives me something to compare to and makes me feel more (or sometimes less) normal. But, if your blog is private and only open to invited users, bring on the pictures and real names, I say. I know many who will disagree with me-and that's fine. Like I said, it's not a criticism, I just don't get it.

No comments: