Voting

Saturday, April 25, 2009

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! AAAAHHH! I WON!

As you may have read in my last post, I was terribly depressed that "Wicked" was in town and I could not afford the $300 a piece tickets. I had read the book and listened to the music from the original Broadway production and decided that the deepest desire of my heart was to see this show. But lo and behold, due to the popularity of the show, and the kindness of the Capitol Theater, the held back 20 tickets for each show, to be purchased for only $25 each! How did one go about purchasing said tickets, you may ask yourself. You simply had to show up at the theater an hour and a half before showtime and put your name in a drawing. If they drew your name, then TADA! you had the opportunity to purchase 2 tickets. I went by myself on Wednesday. No luck. Again on Thursday. Again, no luck. Friday I got smart and hauled 5 of my kids, my husband, my sister and her fiance down with me. All of them wrote "Kendra Baker" on their card-I had 9 entries in the pot. AND I GOT THE TICKETS!! They called my name, I screamed, jumped around like a pentecostal on crack (accidentally hit Kaydin and knocked his glasses off-sorry again about the Kaydin), and went and bought my tickets. My sister took the kids home for a movie night, Joseph and I grabbed a quick bite at Carl's Jr. and then we headed back down the street to the Capitol Theater and "Wicked"! It was all I had hoped for and more!!! So, so, so good. I would reccommend it to anyone. The music is so good, very clever and catchy. The plot, although it didn't stay true to the book, was still excellent. They wrapped it all up and gave it happy ending. I even got a little misty a couple of times! This has made my month!! Thanks to my family for going with to get my name in there as many times as possible! I am still riding the high from the win and seeing the show!! WOOOHOO!!

2 comments:

Vyedka said...

Wow! Congrats Kendra! How exciting to win tickets and only you only had to spend $50 rather than $300! It sounds like you had a blast and that it was a fun night! It is always exciting to win things!!

Jessika and Josh said...

I...HATE...YOU...


You are so lucky! Congrats! You deserved it!